Lohr is a private French group with its headquarters near Strasbourg, Alsace. For over 60 years it has been a global specialist in the design, manufacture and marketing of transportation systems for people and goods, 80% of its turnover being derived from export.
With a worldwide industrial footprint consisting of six plants on three continents, 2000 employees, the Lohr Group has been able to maintain its position as world leader in car carriers, to develop its piggyback business, and to promote projects that benefit sustainable and secure mobility.
The Group has several core businesses :
- Automotive: A world leader in car-transporter vehicles offering a combination of reliability, performance and longevity,
- Railway System: Piggyback reference technology with Modalohr wagons for the safe, economical transport of standard road semi-trailers on the European rail network,
- New Mobilities: Major player in innovative, 100% electric, modular and connected mobility solutions (Cristal driven shuttles and Cristalya autonomous shuttles).
- Defense and Security: our subsidiary Soframe is specialized in the design and manufacture of tactical and logistic protected vehicles meeting the needs of armed forces and security forces,
- Lohr Service: These departments are supported by a network of technical assistance, maintenance, service contracts, spare parts networks, present and available worldwide.
World leader in the car-transporter market. Tens of thousands vehicle transporters running across the world
With a strong mind-set firmly directed towards innovation and constant customer feedback integration, the loading capacity, driver’s friendly use and safety, reliability of the products have never stopped progressing and found themselves into our current range of products such as Eurolohr, Performer, Maxilohr, among many other.
The Lohr Railway system is the reference technology for piggyback transport with Modalohr wagons for the safe and economical transport of standard road semi-trailers on the European rail network. A proven, high-performance solution for sustainable and ecologically responsible transport.
Thanks to the Modalohr wagon, which is an articulated low-loader and articulated and allows the fast and safe transhipment of semi-trailers, the Lohr railread technology has already made it possible to transfer 2 million lorries from road to rail in 20 years, thus saving more than 2.8 million tons of CO2 emissions on the 5 rail motorway lines in service
Within the spectrum of our group’s historic activities and its successes in the field of transport, Cristal represents a new step towards the mobility of the future. cleaner, quieter and more efficient.
The New Mobilities department is a major player in innovative, 100% electric, modular and connected mobility solutions (Cristal driven shuttles and Cristalya autonomous shuttles).
Our aim: your satisfaction
A network of technical assistance, maintenance, service contracts, spare parts networks, present and available worldwide.
Lohr Service has been set up in 1999 as a specific tool totally dedicated to customer assistance for the various group activities. Our job is to help all users of our products by technical support, spare parts supply, network workshop availability and in general terms propose practical solutions in order to optimise global life cost of our vehicles.